In 2018 modern generation lifestyle can be very fast and furious . Many people feel depressed, tired and hopeless. While these symptoms indicates are not good. They are simply our body’s way of telling us to slow down and to take a few deep breaths.
Most of them thinking breathing is normally act , there is no right or wrong rule inhale or exhale. But there is wrong, and most of them do it in a wrong way. How to do pranayama : Dirgha breathing , i explore you….
Definition – What does Dirgha Pranayama(Breathing) mean?
Dirgha pranayama is a yogic breathing exercise that involves filling the lungs as much as you can possible using the entire respiratory system. This term comes from the Sanskrit word, “dirgha” means “long”; prana, means “life force”, and yama, means “restraint,” and ayama, means “extend”. This one is most basic breathing technique in Pranayama section.
Dirgha breath is also known as the “three part breath.”
How to do Dirgha Breathing Excersice ?
These are the following steps are there:
1) Sit in comfortable position with a straight back or spine.
2) Inhale through the nose and fill the belly up like a balloon.
3) Exhale through the nose releasing all of the air and flattening the belly button to the spine
Repeat several times.
4) On the next inhale, fill the belly fully and when the belly is full draw more air to expand the bottom of the rib cage.
5) Exhale from the ribs first and then flatten the belly completely.
6) Repeat several times
7) On the next inhale fill the belly, expand the ribs and then draw the air into the area of the collarbone
8) Exhale, first releasing air from the the area collarbone, then the ribs, then flatten the belly.
10) This is your full three-part breath! Repeat ten times.
Benefits of Dirgha Breathing Excersice
- Dirgha pranayama calms the mind and relaxes the body.
- Revitalizes the entire nervous system.
- Delivers oxygen rich blood to the furthest area of the lungs.
- Breaks irregular breathing patterns, and habitual shallow breathing.
- Improves digestion and elimination, helps relieve constipation.
- Gives strenghth to the abdominal muscles, diaphragm, heart and lungs, and soothes discomfort during menstruation.
If you feel light headed stop for a while then again start at begining. If you feel better then continue your breathing exercise.